Date/Times: Tuesday, 3 July 2018 from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Public course – Nelson – maximum 10 people
Over the years I have added new material to my workshops and have explored neuroscience to explain why people react badly and how to maintain our equilibrium when the stakes are high, emotions are strong, or there are potentially opposing opinions.For the first time since I started teaching this course in 2011, I am offering a half-day refresher to past participants. This will bring you up to speed with new material and refresh yourself on how to have a clear and fair courageous conversation that ends up with improved workplace relationships, agreed changes in behaviour and organisational culture based on open, fair, frank and friendly communication.
This course is for people who have previously attended a Courageous Conversations workshop with Cher Williscroft or worked with her one-to-one on this topic.
- A refresher on the WISAR method – the step-by-step template for having a Courageous Conversation.
- Deal with difficult behaviour.
- Learn what part of the brain we are operating in at all times and understand how the brain triggers unhelpful reactions.
- Learn the neuroscience of how to stay composed and calm.
- Refresh yourself on the importance of metacommunication.
- Learn how make sure your communication is always received as you intended.
- Develop the capacity to maintain relationships and communicate under pressure.
- Demonstrate respectful communication, even when your buttons are pressed.
Cost: $190 + gst per person