Gain the tools and confidence to have a face to face conversation about any situation where someone’s behaviour or attitude has a negative impact on you (or others you care about). Explore and resolve your differences through having a constructive 'courageous conversation' using a clear process.
Two day workshop with Cher Williscroft, Managing Director Conflict Management Ltd.
Build your knowledge and confidence to deal with difficult people, personality clashes, communication breakdowns, or miscommunication or even reduce conflict in your life.
In this workshop you will learn to communicate with confidence in difficult situations that require clear honest communication that ends with an agreement for behavioural change. You can expect to be more comfortable communicating with someone who you have a difference with, while preserving your relationship. You will learn practical, tried and true methods to break through tricky situations and prevent further conflict. You will overcome your own barriers to facing up to conflict. Everything you learn will be applied to your own real life situations at work with peers or workmates, staff members who report to you, bosses, or equally with neighbours, friends and family.
You will be taught how to have a Feedback and Coaching conversation that addresses under par performance, preserves important relationships, and has the best chance of producing a lasting agreement. You will use this to give feedback to someone whose behaviour has had a negative impact on you and others by using a step by step pre-planned feedback and coaching model.
I will introduce effective communication tools that are essential to effective communication especially when there is a difficult or tricky situation between you and another person. I teach a clear step by step method (WISAR ©) that includes best practice communication habits and skills designed to proactively address behaviour while maintaining a positive relationship. When you use this structured process, you end up with clear agreements on behaviour changes and improved relationships.
Gain the tools and confidence to face up to sticky situations and resolve conflict through a structured `courageous conversation’. The course is suitable for leaders, managers, people working with people, or for anyone who wants the skills to address any behaviour that has a negative impact.
If you are a leader, you will be taught how to have a conversation that addresses under par performance, preserves important relationships, and has the best chance of producing a lasting agreement. Build your knowledge and confidence to deal with difficult people, personality clashes, communication breakdowns, or miscommunication or even reduce conflict in your life.
I attended Cher Williscroft’s Courageous Conversations workshop 2 ½ years ago. I found it incredibly useful at the time, and 2 ½ years later, I am still using the skills I learned weekly in my work and home life. It blows my mind that the techniques I learnt really work, and continue to work today. The techniques Cher teaches are incredibly practical and easy to use and deliver results. I can definitely recommend this course!
Nicola McGrouther | Creekside Consulting
- Learn to have a constructive conversation that addresses behaviour that is below your expectations. Conduct this conversation in a way that preserves important relationships, and has the best chance of producing a lasting agreement. Give feedback on behaviour that has a negative impact on you and/or others by using a step by step, pre-planned model.
- Get to know what makes people tick and what makes them behave the way they do. Learn to discuss values, and style differences.
- Apply meta-communication to ensure your message is received as it is intended, and increase receptiveness in others.
- Enhance your relationship with colleagues by always communicating a positive `relationship’ message alongside your `content’ message.
- Develop the ability to listen to another persons’ point of view or reasons for doing (or not doing) something, before you seek to explain your own perspective.
- Learn techniques to maintain your composure and control while respectfully keeping the conversation on track. Know your triggers and develop self-control.
- Learn to receive all messages including those you don’t like, by listening carefully and responding respectfully, maintaining your self-respect. Assess the validity of the feedback before responding.
- Overcome any obstacles that prevent you from dealing with those whose behaviour is below your expectations e.g. fears they will react badly, fear of repercussion.
Learning outcomes or `success indicators’ are recorded during the workshop on an individual Score Card. At the end of this programme participants will:
- Understand, appreciate and overcome their gaps/challenges to communicating effectively.
- Have a greater ability and courage to engage in difficult conversations.
- Manage themselves and their communication more effectively when faced with `difficult people’ or situations one to one or in meetings.
- Have greater self-awareness of `triggers’ and obstacles to good communication.
- Have a wider repertoire of tools and techniques to use.
- Have an improved ability to give and receive feedback.
To make the course real and alive, we will use real situations you are currently dealing with. You will receive coaching within the confidentiality of the group.
Dates: 2018 course dates:
- March 20th and 21st
- June 26th and 27th
- (TBC) September 25th and 26th
(FOR ALTERNATIVE DATES, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST VIA THE CONTACT PAGE – THANK YOU.)
Time: 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
Numbers: Maximum 10 people
Venue: March workshop – venue tbc; June workshop – NMIT, Nelson City
Fees: $580 per person plus gst. $560 plus GST for those working in NGOs and Community Groups
Included in fee:
- Initial telephone interview to ascertain learning goals, the situation you are in, and your suitability to attend
- 40 page workbook
- 13.5 hour course
NB. Enrolment will be confirmed once I have talked with you about your learning goals and assessed if this course is the right course for you.
(Additional one-to-one follow up coaching is available at $135 per hour plus gst)
Or join a small group monthly “Communications Masterclass” coaching club for five sessions with Cher Williscroft.